How to reset Xiaomi Mi A1 to factory settings (2 methods):
In this article, you will learn some useful methods that teach you how to restore your Xiaomi Mi A1 phones when you need them.
Why need to do a Xiaomi Mi A1 hardware reset?
There are many causes for which you have no choice except to do hard reset your mobile phone to to factory default.
When is it necessary to reset an Android mobile?
- Phone is overloaded with apps and running slow.
- Phone bug after an update.
- If you want to reset to the factory.
- Forced stops or crashes without reason.
- In case you are planning to sell your A1 .
See also: How to take screenshot in Xiaomi MIUI 6
Before you restart your Xiaomi Mi A1
Before starting the hard reset or factory reset your Mi A1 (5X). You need :
- To backup all mobile data of your Xiaomi Mi A1 . Such as your contact numbers, messages and conversations, photo and video, etc …
- You also need to have at least 80% charge on your Xiaomi Mi A1 mobile battery.
- Also remove the SD card and SIM card of your phone.
After taking the necessary steps, you can start Hard Reset Xiaomi Mi A1 (5X).
Method 1: Hard reset via settings menu.
- First turn on your Xiaomi Mi A1 (5X) by pressing the power button.
- Then, from the screen, select Settings.
- Now press the Backup & Reset option.
- Scroll down and open the Backup & Reset folder and select Factory Data Reset.
- You will see a button named “Reset Phone”. and read the warning when it appears.
- Choose “Erase Everything”. and the phone will start to restore.
- Just wait for some time. Your Xiaomi Mi A1 will reboot
Good! You have just restored the settings to the factory settings.
Method 2: Xiaomi Mi A1 hardreset from Recovery Menu
If method 1 does not work with you, or if you can not access the settings menu you can try method 2:
- First, turn off your Smartphone.
- When the screen is off, press and hold the: Volume Up (+) and Power (On / Off) buttons for a few seconds.
- Release all keys when the MI logo appears on the screen.
- Select “Wipe data / factory Reset” using Volume Down to scroll and Power button to confirm.
- Then choose “Wipe All Data“. Use the volume buttons to navigate and the Power button to confirm.
- Finally, confirm the whole process by selecting “Yes” .
Good job! Factory reset is complete. You have just deleted all the personal data and custom settings of XIAOMI Mi A1.
I hope this guide was helpful to perform Factory Data reset on Xiaomi Mi A1.If you have questions, leave them in the comments below.