REQUIREMENTS : BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Turn on the Samsung smartphone and navigate to the About Device menu. Now check the model number on the display matches up with J100H, otherwise this guide is not for you.
- Make sure your device is charged 70% percent of battery to perform the rooting process.
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones. Download it directly to the Windows computer you are using in conjunction with this guide.
- Enter the phone settings and to activate “Usb Debugging”: Settings builders possibilit USB Debugging
- Download and extract the root file from here on the desktop of the Windows computer.
- Download Odin here to the computer and extract the file.
- Download the iRoot tool from here.
How to root samsung J1 SM-J100H
- Run the Odin program and leave it open.
- Completely switch off the device and boot it back up in Download Mode.
From power off, hold the VOLUME DOWN key, then press and hold the HOME, POWER and BACK buttons to get access to the boot menu. You should see a yellow warning symbol with other yellow text on the display. Press Volume Up at this time.
- Connect the Samsung J1 to the computer and you should see Odin detect your device. If not, you might need to download the USB Drivers.
- Click the PDA button and upload the J100H tar file you extracted from the root file in step one.
- Click the Start button and Odin should flash that file to your device.
- Once flashing process is completed your Samsung J1 will re-boot automatically
- Now Disconnect the J1 from the computer.
- Run the iRoot program and tick the box on the main screen that says “launch”.
- Continue to launch the iRooting tool.
- Connect the J1 to the computer once again and the iRoot tool will detect your smartphone.
- Click the Root button and wait until the tool successfully roots your device.