Learn How to change voicemail on your iPhone. A personal voicemail greeting is an easy way to prevent callers from hearing a generic greeting. It lets people know they are in touch with the right person and makes them feel comfortable leaving a voicemail message. To change your voicemail greeting on an iPhone, you need to follow a few simple steps.
How to change your voicemail on your iPhone?
- Open your Phone app.
- Tap Voicemail.
- Select Greeting. By default, your voice mail will be configured with the generic welcome message of your operator.
- To record a personalized greeting, select Custom.
- Press Record to start recording your voicemail greeting.
- When you are finished recording, press Stop.
- To make sure you’re happy with your new greeting, press play.
- To edit what you’ve just saved, tap Save and try again.
- Tap Save when you’re happy with your message.
- When you’re happy with your greeting, tap Save in the top right corner.
You are ready! Now, if you do not answer the phone, the person calling you will be directed to your personalized voicemail greeting.