If you have lost or suspect your phone was stolen and you want to delete your WhatsApp, unfortunately you cannot delete using the internet. You can only delete or deactive your account using the phone and SIM card which you have used to register on WhatsApp. Thus, you cannot be sure that no one can use your WhatsApp account unless you retrieve your SIM card.
This is the fastest way to deactivate your account on the stolen phone.
- Call your network service provider to lock your SIM card. Once the card is lock, no one can use your account. Fortunately, you can still have your account even if your phone is stolen provided that you still use the same SIM card or phone number. Otherwise, you will create a new account using different SIM card or phone number. If you are really sure that you want to delete or deactivate your WhatsApp account,
- Email WhatsApp on sup…@whatsapp.com. Email us with your phone number in the full international format and eventually there are the one who will delete your account.
Important details about deactivated accounts
1. When your account is deactivated, it is not completely deleted.
2. While your account is deactivated:
o Your name is still on your contacts’ Favorites list (Contacts tab on Android).
o Your contacts can send you messages, which will remain in a pending state for up to 30 days.
3. If you reactivate your account before it is deleted, you will receive any pending messages on your new phone and you will still be in all of your group chats.
4. If a deactivated account is not re-activated within 30 days, it will be completely deleted.