How to Hard Reset Motorola Charm MB to Factory Settings :
Like most devices, there are two different methods for hard resetting the Motorola Charm.
Warning! Do this at your own risk! All your phone data (contacts, photos, videos, music, messages, aplications, games, files) will be lost! Please make backup first if you can!
Important: To proceed to reset, the battery must be full and the mobile device connected to the charger. If during the course of reset, the mobile stop receiving electricity it can ruin the internal flash memory of the mobile device and stop function.
Method 1 : Factory Data Reset
If your Charm boots and you can use the device, then the easiest way to clear the device and return it to factory settings.
- From the screen of your phone, open the Applications Tray. (circle located in the middle at the right of the display screen) Or press the Menu button on the left from your screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Privacy.
- Tap Factory Data Reset.
- Tap Reset Phone.
Method 2 : Motorola charm hard reset using Buttons
If your device keeps restarting itself, freezing, crashing, or is slow to respond, one of the troubleshooting solutions below may fix the issue. Follow the instructions to repair your device.
- Turn off the phone,
- Press and hold “X” key, then press power button.
Note: Continue to hold down the X key until you see the phone go into recovery mode (screen with Android robot, Triangle, and exclamation mark).
- Press Power button again to enter recovery mode and display menu choices.
- Use the Volume Down, Left Arrow key, or the BACKTRACK to highlight wipe data/factory reset.
- Press the Return key.
- Use the Volume Down, Left Arrow key, or the BACKTRACK to highlight Yes — delete all user data.
- Press the Return key to master reset and wipe all data.
- When finished, you will be taken back to the Android System Recovery Utility screen.
- Confirm reboot system now is highlighted, then press the Return key.
- The device will power cycle, and then begin the normal boot up process.
– In video : T-Mobile Motorola Charm MB502 Master Hard Reset Recovery Mode Menu Factory External Key-Combo