Tutorial with video to know how to activate or deactivate facial recognition Huawei Mate 20 Pro Face ID style.
Huawei has placed a highly technical facial recognition system in its Mate 20 Pro. It is quite similar to that of Apple found in the new iPhone.
What is facial recognition?
Facial recognition is a type of unlocking that is based on the faces. It allows the phone to unlock directly when it recognizes the face of its owner. Is a technology capable of identifying or verifying a person from a digital image or a video frame from a video source.
In addition, we use them to communicate with our contacts through the instant messaging apps like WhatsApp or through our social networks like Instagram or Facebook. In Huawei Mate 20 we have the possibility to activate facial recognition to unlock the phone.
The Face Unlock firmware update will be available across:
- P-Series (HUAWEI P10,HUAWEI P20,HUAWEI P20 Pro)
- Mate Series (HUAWEI Mate9,HUAWEI Mate10,HUAWEI Mate10 Pro, Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro )
- nova Series (HUAWEI nova3e,HUAWEI nova 2lite,HUAWEI nova 2i).
How to activate facial recognition Huawei Mate 20 Pro ?
To enable Facial Recognition Unlock, on eligible HUAWEI smartphones, with the firmware update installed:
- Step 1: In home screen, open the Settings app.
- Step 2: From the settings menu, select the “Security and privacy” section
- Step 3: Select Face Recognition
- Step 4: Now we will see that a new window appears in which we find a button at the bottom that says “Register face”. We must click on it.
- Step 5: Once we have selected this, the front camera of the Huawei Mate 20 Pro will be activated and we will have to turn the face according to the indications that we see on the screen and indicate the arrow to complete the facial recognition process.
- Step 6: Finally we will see what process has been completed, and a new tab will appear in which we can select what we want to use and what kind of unblocks we want to configure.
In this way we will have configured facial recognition in Huawei Mate 20 Pro, to unlock our phone just by looking at it.
How to disable facial recognition Huawei Mate 20 Pro?
To Turn Off or Disable Face Recognition Screen Lock Follow these steps
- Select Settings
- Click on Security & Privacy
- Select Face Recognition>>Enter the security code.
- Disable Unlocking the device
- Face Recognition Unlock is disabled
Note: When you turn off facial recognition, code lock it remains activated.