Facebook allows you to turn off autoplaying videos in your news feed. It’s very simple, even if the path is not obvious to those who have never done it. In this article, we show you how to cut the autoplay of videos to prevent them from bothering you.
Facebook: turn off automatic video playback
The videos on Facebook help to reinforce the entertaining side of the platform. But many users want to be able to decide whether to launch them without being forced to read them. And for good reason, it can quickly become annoying. By default, the sound on the videos is muted, which is already a little less disturbing. It is also possible, for those who wish to go further, to deactivate the automatic playback of videos.
Facebook: How to turn off autoplay videos on smartphone
- Open Facebook and tap the three horizontal bars at the top right.
- Scroll down.
- Touch the arrow next to Settings and privacy to access the menu options.
- Then tap Settings.
- In the Preferences section, click Multimedia content.
- Disable autoplay on Facebook
- Select the Never play videos automatically check box.
- Stop automatically playing videos on Facebook
Facebook: How to turn off autoplay videos on iPhone (iOS)
- Click the menu button on the bottom of your screen.
- Once you’re there, tap “Settings & Privacy,” then “Settings.”
- Scroll down until you find “Media and Contacts,” then tap “Videos and Photos.”
- Finally, once you find “Autoplay,” you can turn off the feature.
Facebook: how to stop autoplay from a web browser
Autoplay is now deactivated on your smartphone. But if you use Facebook on a computer, you will also need to change the settings from your browser. Here’s the procedure to follow :
- Log in to your Facebook account from a browser if you haven’t already.
- Click the arrow in the upper right corner, then click Settings & Privacy.
- Then click on the Settings section.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the left column then click on Videos.
- In the video settings menu, locate the Autoplay videos item.
- Finally, select the No option to deactivate automatic playback.
There you have it, you have turned off autoplaying videos on Facebook. Now you can surf your news feed with peace of mind. No video will play unless you press the play button.