With iOS 7 or later, Find My iPhone includes a new feature called Activation Lock, which is turned on automatically when you set up Find My iPhone. Activation Lock makes it harder for anyone to use or sell your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch if it’s ever lost or stolen.
Turn off Find My iPhone
1- Launch the Settings app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
2- Scroll down and tap on iCloud.
3- Scroll down once more and turn Off the Find My iPhone option.
4- You will be prompted to enter your iCloud password. Once you’re done entering your password, tap Turn Off.
That’s it, you can now proceed to wiping your iPhone or iPad. The above steps are only necessary if the iPhone or iPad you’re trying to restore is on iOS 7.0 or above.
Erase all data from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch the Settings app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Now tap on General.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom and tap on Reset.
- On the next screen you will see a list of things which you can reset – all of which are useful in sorting out potential problems, but we’re concentrating on the whole kit and caboodle today, so go ahead and tap ‘Erase All Content and Settings’.
- You will be asked to confirm that you wish to continue, tap ‘Yes’
- Your iPhone 5 will, after a short wait, be wiped clean, ready for you to start afresh
Video : step by step to restore iPhone 5 / Forgot password / Factory Reset