This guide explains how to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to restore the default settings.
Hard reset can solve common problems such as crashes and application malfunctions, or rapid battery discharge. Resetting your phone will return to the factory settings, which will erase all data stored on your device’s internal memory.
[mks_icon icon=”fa-lightbulb-o” color=”#eeee22″ type=”fa” size=”50″] Prerequisites :Before you start resetting your smartphone, please:
Remember to back up your personal data before you completely reset your phone.
You must delete your Google Account before resetting your mobile.
Charge the battery of your device at least 70% so that it does not discharge during the process.
Note: this manipulation has no impact on the SIM card, it only concerns the mobile.
Method 1 : Factory reset the mobile via menu setting.
To reset your Galaxy N8 from Settings menu, use the following procedure:
- On the home screen, swipe up to open the Apps screen.
- Tap the settings icon.
- Go to General -> Reset-> Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset.
- Tap Delete All (If you have a Samsung account or screen lock set up on your phone, you may be required to enter your credentials before proceeding.).
Method 2 : Samsung Galaxy Note 8: reset the mobile from the keys
If you’re having problems accessing your factory data reset options through the settings then you can reset the mobile from recovery Mode using the keys. The reset by the keys will erase all the data of the mobile its back all the default settings.
- First, turn off Note 8: (by pressing the power button).
- Press and hold Volume down + Bixby key + Power button.
- Wait until the mobile turns on and displays the Samsung logo.
- Release the Power button while holding down the Volume Button + Bixby key (located below the Volume key).
- The Android System Recovery menu appears and Blue Screen disappear:
- Release all keys.
- Select “wipe data / factory reset” using the Volume key – to navigate and Power button to confirm.
- Select “Yes — delete all user data” using the Volume button and confirm by Power Button.
- Wait until the next menu appears.
- When the Recovery Mode menu appears again select option “reboot system now“.
Let the mobile reset, the operation takes a while.