What is a checklist of things to do consider before hard resetting your Android phone? 5 things to do before to start hard resetting your Android phon...
What is a checklist of things to do consider before hard resetting your Android phone?
5 things to do before to start hard resetting your Android phone:
– Backing up all your pictures and other files you don’t want to lose onto your computer or an SD card.
– Ensuring your phone is synced with Gmail so you won’t lose your contacts. If you don’t want to sync your phone with Gmail, an alternative would be to download My Backup Pro – an app that lets you backup your contacts onto either your SD card or their secure server.
Also, My Backup Pro allows you to backup other data like call logs and text messages.
– It’s not recommended to backup your applications as they might be the reason your phone needs a factory reset in the first place.
Instead, you could simply make a written list of all the apps you want to reinstall after the reset, and install the applications back one by one so you can monitor how your phone reacts to each one.
– If your phone doesn’t have a SIM card, you should check with your carrier before performing a factory reset as it might need to be reactivated by the carrier after the reset. This is especially a concern with Verizon phones and other carriers who use CDMA networks.
– After you have saved all data and media to your SD card, you should remove it from your phone to prevent accidental formatting while resetting your phone.