Learn how to reset LG V30 using the settings menu or from the recovery menu using the hardware keys.
Resetting your LG phone will restore the state it was in the first time you turned it on. All your personal data on internal storage, such as downloads, ringtones, images, applications, contacts and visual voicemail will be erased and the phone’s factory settings will be restored
Here are some situations in which you need a hard reset for your LG V30. If ever you find yourself in one of the following situations, you may need to perform a hard reset:
- Unresponsive or not responding correctly.
- Apps are running lowly or freezing.
- Lost or forgotten your device password.
- Downloaded a recent update and it’s causing problems with your phone’s functionality.
- Want to reset to the factory settings because you’re selling your phone.
- Virus or bug software.
- Phone will not restart.
[mks_icon icon=”fa-lightbulb-o” color=”#eeee22″ type=”fa” size=”50″] Warning :Before you start resetting your smartphone, please:
Have at least 80% charge on your mobile battery.
Save all data stores on your phone. Such as your contact numbers, messages, multimedia files and other important files.
Also remove the SD card and SIM card.
[mks_separator style=”solid” height=”4″]
Method 1: Reset LG V30 from the Settings Menu
The easiest way to factory reset your phone is through the settings menu. If you can access your LG V30 you can perform a factory reset by following these steps:
- From the Home screen, touch Apps> Settings.
- Next, select General> Backup & reset.
- After that, press factory data reset
- Confirm by pressing Reset Phone.
- Finally, choose Delete All if you are sure you want to erase all your data.
- Now the Smartphone erases all personal data and custom settings.
Congratulations! The hard reset has just been finished.[mks_separator style=”dotted” height=”4″]
Also Read :
- Oppo F5 Youth : Hard Reset / Factory Reset.
- Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime via Settings or Recovery Mode.
- How to Hard Reset your Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
Method 2: Reset from the recovery menu with the hardware keys
If you cannot access the device menu, you can perform a reset using the hardware keys.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and Hold down the Power + Volume down buttons.
- When the LG logo appears, release the Power key, and continue holding down the Volume Down button and just after 2 seconds press and hold the Power key again.
- As soon as the recovery mode appears, release all keys.
- On your screen will display 2 options, No and Yes. Press the Volume down button to select Yes.
- Press the Power button to confirm
- When the message «Erase all user data & restore default settings «appears
- Again, press the Volume down button to select Yes
- Press the Power button to confirm and reset the device
The device will reset its factory settings and reboot to Android initial configuration
Software reset with physical keys
A soft reset is a simulated dropping of the battery. This is used to turn off a device when the screen is frozen or does not respond and the device has an internal battery that cannot be removed. This does not cause loss of personal data on the device.
- Press and hold the Power button.
- Tap Shut Down and restart> RESTART.
- Wait until the device restarts.