However, in this page we explain how to factory reset Sony Xperia M if it is locked up or frozen.
See also :
Option 1: Hard Reset with Software Menu :
To perform a factory data reset using the Settings menu, follow these steps :
- Make sure the battery is charge properly
- Turn on SONY XPERIA M (C1904/C1905) & (C2004/C2005 DUAL) smartphone
- Go to menu: Setting > Backup & reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Phone
- Choose Erase everything to continue and confirm you ready to do the format SONY XPERIA M .
- Your phone will continue the step until ready to use in clean factory default.
Option 2 : Hard Reset with Flashtool applications
To perform a factory data reset using the Flashtool applications, follow these steps :
- Install drivers for your Sony Xperia
- You need to ensure that your PC has all of the necessary drivers installed for your Sony Xperia device. The best way to do this is to install Sony PC Companion.
- Install Flashtool: Download and install Flashtool from the official website here.
- Enable “USB debugging” and “Unknown sources” on your Sony Xperia device
- Make that the battery is charge properly or full charge
- Power off your dovice
- Boot your XPERIA to flashmode by:
- Press and hold the Volume Down button
- Connect to your PC using a USB Cable while holding down the Volume Down button on your Xperia M
- Your Xperia Z should be in Flash Mode now and the device’s LED light should turn into Green
- The tool automatically detects the phone model and lists available software versions, which are called Services in this flash tool.
- Click on Apply Service. The phone will now be flashed.
- When you have flashed your device, you can disconnect your phone from the computer. The first time you start your device after you have flashed it, the boot-up might take a little longer than normal.
Option 3 : Hard Reset with Hardware Key Button
- Make sure the battery fully charge
- Do not forget to backup all important data
- Turn off your phone.
- Press and Hold together: Power Button + Volume Up Button for several seconds
- Release all keys when you see Service menu on screen
- Select Factory Reset using volume buttons
- Press Power key to confirm
- Phone will hard reset
That is all!
Option 4 : Hard Reset Sony Xperia M C1904/C1905 by Code
How To Hard Reset Sony Xperia M C1904/C2004 by Code:
- Power on Your Sony Xperia M C2004/C1905
- On dialer enter this code: *#*#7378423#*#*
- On the screen Select -> Customization Settings Then select -> Reset customization and confirm.
- Sony Xperia M C1904/C1905 will do the process to Master Reset to
- Factory Default, wait for several minutes.
[mks_pullquote align=”left” width=”500″ size=”12″ bg_color=”#000000″ txt_color=”#ffffff”]Disclaimer: Please read the following instructions thoroughly before attempting to flash your phone. Messiphones Blog absolves itself from any responsibility should something go wrong. Please proceed with caution and at your own risk.[/mks_pullquote]