How to factory reset a Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge
The reset allows you to reset the data on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to restore factory settings. A hard reset may be necessary in case if your mobile slowed down considerably or isn’t working properly,We offer 2 manipulations which may be necessary depending on the state of your device.
Before you restart your Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge
Before starting the hard reset or factory reset You need :
- To backup all mobile data of your S7/S7 Edge . Such as your contact numbers, messages and conversations, photo and video, etc …
- You also need to have at least 80% charge on your mobile battery.
- Also remove the SD card and SIM card of your phone.
After taking the necessary steps, you can start Samsung Galaxy S7.
Method 1 : factory reset your phone from the settings menu
- Tap “Apps“;
- Select “Settings“;
- Select “Save and reset“;
- Select “Reset all data“;
- Press “RESET DEVICE“;
- Press “DELETE ALL“.
Good, your phone is like the first day!
Method 2 : hard reset from Recovery Mode using the buttons
Perform a reset using the buttons on the terminal, only when it does not start when the battery is charged or if the screen is frozen or if you are unable to use the menu setting.
- Turning off your Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Home buttons + Power button.
- Wait until the mobile turns on and displays the Samsung logo.
- Release all keys when The Android System Recovery menu appears
- Now please wait a moment while it boots into Recovery Mode. Once you’re in Recovery Mode, you will see a list of options.
- After that select “wipe data / factory reset” using Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to confirm.
- Choose “Yes — delete all user data” to confirm wipe of all user data.
- Wait until the next menu appears.
- Then select option “reboot system now“. using the volume key to navigate and Power button to confirm.
- So, now your Samsung Galaxy S7 is reset and as clean as a whistle.
Let the mobile reset, the operation takes a while, the PIN will be requested at the end of operation and the mobile will begin its startup phase (activation) as when it was first put into service. All email accounts or device lock codes and modes will need to be redefined.
If you have suggestions on ways to make this guide more useful, please let us know.