When you are having issues that involve the Apple TV not powering up and/or displaying an image on screen, perform the following procedure to hard Reset Apple TV:
There are three ways to reset your device
Using the iTunes
- Disconnect all the cables from your Apple TV.
- Using a micro-USB cable, plug your Apple TV into your computer running iTunes.
- Once connected. Your Apple TV should automatically be detected and listed as a device in the same way as an iPad or iPhone. Select the Apple TV.
- You will now have the option to restore your Apple TV
- Click “Restore Apple TV…” The restore will take approximately ten minutes after which you’ll have a factory reset device.
Using the remote
- Press and hold both the » and D buttons on the remote for 6 seconds or until the status light blinks amber.
- Select a language.
- Select “Factory Restore“.
Using the menus
- Select “Settings“.
- Select “General“.
- Choose “Reset“.
- Select “Restore“.